Whilst I was trained in Autodesk Fusion 360 during my undergraduate degree, meaning that my CAD knowledge or skills haven’t necessarily improved, I have learnt a surprising amount considering my familiarity with both product design and 3D printing.
I have arrived at my final prototype, that is fully functional, and have taken some photos to feature in my portfolio entry. Whilst this particular one was printed on my own machine, a second, identical prototype (but yellow) has been printed on an Ultimaker at PrintCity for assessment submission.
Here are some renders I’ve produced to communicate some of the functionality of the design. These will feature in my portfolio alongside some images of the final physical product (in a addition to development work).
I have finally managed to produce a working prototype, the components of which clip together securely, whilst also being easy enough to disassemble.
The latest iteration of the ‘Buzz Box’ Raspberry Pi enclosure. This rough model tests the performance of the reduced tolerances between the two components, as well as how the locating extrusions on the cap fit with the slots in base component of the enclosure.
As the project nears its end, I have begun producing final renders of the enclosure design, to communicate the concept. This also includes naming the product, writing a strap-line, and creating a theme to provide a cohesive and professional aesthetic throughout the collection of images/pages.
Today, I submitted the next (and hopefully final) iteration of my Raspberry Pi enclosure to PrintCity to be fabricated. Overall, it is the same design as the previous iteration, with a few minor adjustments.
Today I collected my new prototype from PrintCity. This iteration was also very useful for finding issues with the design, but also highlighting improvements that were made.
Here is my CAD for the next (5th) iteration of the Raspberry Pi enclosure featuring the new hexagonal profile, aswell as several adjustments and the addition of attachment slots.
Here is new iteration of my Raspberry Pi enclosure design. Not only does it feel higher quality and more robust, but it works almost too well!